Xterm is not working in ngSDN VM

Hi,
I was trying to get an Xterm of host in ngSDN VM, but I could not.
Then I tried the following, (suggested by ederollora in the link [question] Running Xterm - githubmemory)

The first thing is to access Mininet container CLI: sudo docker exec -it mininet bash
To get a CLI for h1a or any name: lsns | grep h1a -m1 | awk ‘{print $4}’
The number from the previous command should replace PID_HERE: nsenter --target PID_HERE --mount --uts --ipc --net --pid
When I am running my recieve.py, it is giving me following error,

sniffing on eth0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./receive.py”, line 67, in
main()
File “./receive.py”, line 64, in main
prn = lambda x: handle_pkt(x))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scapy/sendrecv.py”, line 972, in sniff
sniffer._run(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scapy/sendrecv.py”, line 842, in _run
*arg, **karg)] = iface
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py”, line 475, in init
attach_filter(self.ins, filter, iface)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py”, line 160, in attach_filter
bp = compile_filter(bpf_filter, iface)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scapy/arch/common.py”, line 165, in compile_filter
raise Scapy_Exception(“tcpdump is not available. Cannot use filter !”)
scapy.error.Scapy_Exception: tcpdump is not available. Cannot use filter !
Exception IOError: IOError(19, ‘No such device’) in <bound method L2ListenSocket.del of <scapy.arch.linux.L2ListenSocket object at 0x7fd6b4f34250>> ignored

Is there a way to get the xterm which can run the receive.py og P4-tuturial?

Hi,

For the sake of completeness I would like to add a response to this thread, so all open threads have so far been answered.

I think we had a discussion about this topic back in time, and I am sorry for coming back so late. I think the topic is mostly concerning the NG-SDN tutorial, and it is a docker/mininet related issue (the question is not related to P4 per-se), and I am more than happy to continue the discussion in the Github repository issue thread that you opened. Since you closed it back in time, please open a new one. Please answer there anything you need and anyone with some free time may pass by and answer :slight_smile:

Cheers!