Question about the internal compiler error

Hello!

When I use the statement: hdr.out_port.outport = (bit<8>) eg_intr_md.egress_port[6:0], the following error occurs:

Internal compiler error. Please submit a bug report with your code.

But when I use hdr.out_port.outport = eg_md.port (a 8bit metadata defined myself), it can be successfully compiled. I’m confused why the previous statement gives an error.

Hi @xzc1015,

Any time there is an error or specific question about Tofino we always suggest asking in the forum I mentioned in the previous post. Not sure if anyone will (but someone might) give you a specific answer as this seems to be specific to the compiler of Intel, which is addressed in their forum as far as I understand. Please visit the forum/community and register, they will be able to solve your doubts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions!

1 Like

@xzc1015 hello, have you figured it out? I just met the same error as you! Hope to receive your reply. Thank you in advance.

@Kakos If your error is related to INTEL’s equipment you still need to go via de official website.

Cheers,

I had these errors quite a couple times last year. Even re-installed the Tofino SDK. Didnt work. Guess the “source” of the error can be different from compiler error to compiler error.
Its better to ask in the related Intel Forum, found some examples how to use specific functions (mirroring functions) there. The description in the Public Tofino Native Architecture (TNA) is sometimes not right or theres something missing. At least I had these problems …

Best regards
Marcel

Thanks for your reply. These issues have puzzled me for one week.In the beginning, i just thought it was due to the poor memory refer to information on the Internet. i will ask in the related Intel Forum, thanks again!

Yeah totally can relate! I got stuck for 2 weeks in the practical part of my bachelor thesis. Was pretty annoying, but got everything to work :slight_smile:

Happy coding! :slight_smile:

:sob: :sob: :sob:Happy coding!

Best wishes

Hello, I’m back again. I have been trying to troubleshoot the “internal compiler error” issue, but so far, none of my attempts have been successful. I also posted some questions on relevant forums, but unfortunately, I didn’t receive any responses. Could you please share how you resolved this problem at the time? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Kakos,

I can’t remember cause I had this issue like over a year back. Just looked at my mails, but couldn’t find anything helpful regarding the internal compiler error.
I think it had something to do with some wrong variable declaration, value assignments or use of functions. Tough it would be helpful to see your code to analyse it.
I’m sorry I can’t help you more … :frowning: Hope you will find the error source asap :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I will carefully consider the points you mentioned. Have a pleasant life!